Manhattan is Beautiful! Whether you want to move to downtown Manhattan for a job, or to have a change of scenery, it can be a great choice. If you know the ins and outs of real estate in downtown Manhattan, the process of finding a place to live can be so much easier! If you are new to the area, here are a few things to know about the area before moving.
- Budget. Know what you can afford. A landlord will most likely expect you to have a certain type of income to live in their building. Don’t be scared if they want to know our credit score and yearly salary; they are just making sure that you will be able to afford the place.
- You might need a roommate. Let’s face it; New York is expensive. Don’t be afraid to look for a roommate and make sure that they are as committed as you are. If you find a good one, they will likely make New York a little more bearable on your worst days.
- What’s the building’s history? Make sure that you do some research on the building before signing anything. This will help you to identify any red flags that it may have and can save you a lot of money in future costs.
- Don’t have too high of expectations. Unless you are making a million dollars a year, you probably won’t be living in the penthouse. Even New York apartments and condos on television are exaggerated. This doesn’t mean that you won’t find the space that is right for you, but it may take longer than you expect.
- Pets. Never assume that the building allows pets. Always ask before even getting a showing. You don’t want to find the perfect place, only to find out that your furry friends can’t come along. You will find the perfect place for you and your buddy, it just takes a little time. Also, double check their specifics. They may not allow animals over a certain weight or charge extra deposits for those that exceed their specifications.
Now That You Know…
Now that you know a few things to expect when moving to the Manhattan area, you can get started on your real estate search. Don’t be discouraged if the first place you find isn’t the place that you end up with. The market is very competitive, but you will be able to find the perfect place by checking out 45 Park Place today!
Connect 45 Park Place with on youtube for more information!
1 person likes this post.